Jakob Schneider is a visiting PhD student from Paul Schanda’s lab in Vienna (Institute of Science and Technology Austria, ISTA). He is studying the structure and function of the Tom70 receptor of mitochondria. Tom70 connects mitochondrial function to the cytosolic proteostasis network. During his research stay in Kaiserslautern in the lab of Hannes Herrmann, Jakob tests the activity of purified proteins in protein import reactions with isolated yeast mitochondria and semi-intact cells. We wish Jakob much success for his project and a good time in Kaisersslautern.
- Application Training for Academics
- Study: Group of enzymes helps to reduce stress in chloroplasts
- First seminar in 2024 provided insights into personal career paths of former PhD students
- Great start into the New Year: 2nd joint paper published!
- The RTG 2737 wishes everyone happy holidays and all the best for 2024!